Explore Tarangire National Park
Tarangire National Park is a Tanzanian national park located in the Manyara Region of the country. It is the sixth largest national park in Tanzania, and it is known for its large population of elephants, as well as its diverse wildlife and beautiful scenery.
The park is located on the Tarangire River, which is the main source of water for the animals during the dry season. The river attracts a wide variety of wildlife, including elephants, giraffes, zebras, wildebeest, buffalo, hippos, crocodiles, and lions. The park is also home to over 550 species of birds, including ostriches, flamingos, and pelicans.
Tarangire National Park is a popular tourist destination, and there are a number of activities available to visitors, including game drives, nature walks, and birdwatching.
Here are some of the things to see and do in Tarangire National Park:
- Go on a game drive: Game drives are the best way to see the wildlife in Tarangire National Park. Visitors can see a variety of animals, including elephants, giraffes, zebras, wildebeest, buffalo, hippos, crocodiles, and lions.
- Take a nature walk: Nature walks are a great way to learn about the plants and animals in Tarangire National Park. Visitors can see a variety of birds, insects, and other animals on nature walks.
- Go birdwatching: Tarangire National Park is home to over 550 species of birds, including ostriches, flamingos, and pelicans. Birdwatching is a great way to learn about the diversity of birds in the park.
- Visit the Tarangire River: The Tarangire River is the main source of water for the animals in the park during the dry season. Visitors can see a wide variety of wildlife congregating along the riverbanks.
- Visit the Silale Swamp: The Silale Swamp is a large wetland area located in the southern part of the park. The swamp is home to a variety of birds and other wildlife.
Mongoose in Tarangire
Animals drinking water in Tarangire National Park
Impallas grazing under trees in Tarangire National Park
The park also has a number of accommodation options, from budget-friendly campsites to luxury lodges.
Browse accommodation in Tarangire